Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

In defense of Eretz Yisroel©

  Letter sent to 'Mishpacha' magazine

Perhaps Mrs.Ploni thinks she's being funny by denigrating
the small size of apartments in Yerushalayim, but we
learn from Parshas Shlach that it is forbidden to speak lashon
harah or motzi shem ra about Eretz Yisroel.
Just for your edification and enlightenment, my apartment in
Ratmot, Yerushalayim is four times the size of my daughter's
basement apartment in Kensington , for which she pays
$900 a month in rent,
My son rents an apartment for 2,500 shekels a month in Kiryat
Yovel (Yerushalayim) which is 2 to 3 times the size of my
daughter's basement .
  Having grown up in a house of palatial proportions, with
gardens and lawns of half an acre in South Africa, I would
not give up one hundredth of a hairsbreadth of Eretz Yisrael
for the most magnificent, luxurious; gigantic home in chutz
l'aretz.(outside of the Land of Israel)
Mrs. Vardah Littmann

1 comment: